In August 2022, the International Committee was negotiating the following agreement with ESN.
NASPA agrees to:
- Publish this agreement on its website at http://www.scrabbleplayers.org/w/ESN_Agreement and to advertise it to its members.
- Grant complimentary NASPA membership to ESN members resident in the Netherlands who are registered to play in NASPA-sanctioned tournaments, thereby exempting them from the normal requirement of paying for association membership to participate in official events.
- Offer complimentary visa application support letters when needed to ESN members resident in the Netherlands who are registered to play in NASPA-sanctioned tournaments.
- Grant access to ESN officials to NASPA’s membership database query tool so that they may verify membership status of NASPA members intending to play in ESN events, and provide timely technical support for this service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESN agrees to:
- Publish this agreement on its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/nlscrabble/.
- Offer a complimentary beverage to NASPA members resident in the United States and Canada who attend an ESN meeting in person, limited to one beverage per member per calendar year.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from NASPA officials wanting to verify the membership status of ESN members intending to play in NASPA events.
This agreement has been ratified by the NASPA Executive Committee and Anand Buddhdev on behalf of ESN as of 2022-08-12.