The Tournament Committee is a NASPA committee established to
supervise sanctioned North American SCRABBLE tournaments.
It currently consists of the following:
To contact the Committee send an email to email@example.com.
New members are welcome.
The committee has the following items on its agenda:
- Decide on a certification process for tournament directors in coordination with a similar process for club directors being developed by the Club Committee
- Debate whether certification can be suspended for directors who take longer than a week to submit ratings data
- Liaise with the WESPA Tournament Committee
- On an ongoing basis, supervise tournament directors, including
- Maintaining the tournament calendar
- Receiving and processing incident reports, passing them up to the Advisory Board as necessary
- Making sure that tournament directors receive the news and information they need to perform their function
- Overseeing the mentor/apprentice system when it is implemented