This page describes how to install NASPA Zyzzyva on a Windows computer.
Installing NASPA Zyzzyva 3.2.0
- Download the installer, ignoring warnings that the software can harm your computer.
- Review the notes that appear at the end of the installation process.
- Look for Zyzzyva in the Start Menu and click to open it.
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Load Lexicons > Edit... and check NWL2018 and any other lexicons that you want to use.
- Rebuild databases when prompted. This step may take several minutes if you have many lexicons installed. When it completes, you’re done!
- If not prompted, you can choose Tools > Rebuild Database... to start the process.
- (Optional) Import quiz statistics and cardbox data into NWL2018.
- Choose File > Cardbox.
- Select the Lexicon - NWL2018 and Quiz Type - usually Anagrams.
- Choose Import...
- Select the lexicon from which you want to import data - for example, OTCWL2016 - and click OK.
- If the lexicon from which you are importing data is subject to licensing restrictions, you will need to have a valid license installed. Choose Tools > Manage Licenses... to check the status of your license.
Installing Older Versions
If you are installing a version of NASPA Zyzzyva prior to 3.2.0,
here is archived information about what you should do.
This information is presented in three different ways:
You should look at the video or the PDF file first, even if you are familiar with versions prior to 3.0, as much has changed since then.
- If you wish to install the OTCWL, OSPD, SSWL or CSW lexicon, make sure that you have a NASPA membership, its ID (number) and password, and a Windows computer with an Internet connection.
- Download the installer, ignoring warnings that software can harm your computer.
- Look for the Z icon on your desktop and click on it to open Zyzzyva.
- If you are a first-time user, you may be prompted to choose which lexicons you want to use. Choosing a protected lexicon, to which you do not yet have access, may result in an error message that you can safely ignore.
- Choose Tools > Manage Licences > Claim License... > NASPA
- Enter your NASPA ID and password
- Click “OK” in response to “A license has been received from issuer ‘NASPA’”.
- Click “OK” in response to “An activation certificate has been received from issuer ‘NASPA’”. Your license will now be listed on the screen, together with its validity and when you will next need to reactivate it.
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Load Lexicons > Edit... and check OTCWL2016 and any other lexicons that you want to use.
- When prompted if you want to rebuild databases, so indicate. This step may take several minutes if you have many lexicons installed. When it completes, you’re done!