You are viewing a condensed mobile version of this NASPA webpage.
Switch to full version.
- May 6, 2021: The Portland Press Herald interviews Maine player Jamie Logan about tournament SCRABBLE and her appearance on Jeopardy!
- April 20, 2021: The John Oakley Show interviewed John Chew from 15:48 to 15:58 about Mattel’s plans to remove offensive slurs from the Collins lexicon.
- April 18, 2021: The Orange County Register profiles NASPA Lifetime Member Desiree Engel who turned 100 the day after she competed in the Tossup spelling bee for competitive SCRABBLE players.
- April 14, 2021: 7NEWS in Australia covers the ongoing debate about the removal of offensive slurs and recaps John Chew's interview with CNN last year.
- April 12, 2021: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah featured a segment where Dulce Sloan talked to Lisa Odom and Will Anderson about the decision to remove offensive slurs from the NASPA Word List.
- March 17,2021: Frontier College's annual SCRABBLE for Literacy fundraiser will take place online on March 18 with the participation of NASPA members Jackson Smylie, Joshua Sokol, John Chew, and Will Anderson. An edited version of the online event can be viewed on YouTube.
- February 27, 2021: Washington NASPA Club #711 director Ted Gest writes a Letter to the Editor about a recent Washington Post essay on playing SCRABBLE with a robot.
- January 6, 2021: 7News mentions NASPA's decision to remove slurs in article on campaign to remove slurs in Australia.