This page contains current and recent breaking news about NASPA.
- IContact: an online archive of NASPA News (originally called Tournament Talk), a weekly newsletter, and other emails sent to the membership.
- NASPA Bulletin: an online archive of NASPA Bulletins (not currently in publication).
- Club news: news about activities at our sanctioned clubs
- Member news: news about our members outside of their Scrabble lives
- SCRABBLE in the news : Links to articles about SCRABBLE players, clubs, and tournaments.
- Tournament calendar: upcoming tournaments
- Tournament results: past tournaments
- ... and our home page, which will always list the top stories.
- 1 Current news
- 1.1 June 26, 2019 Zyzzyva Release 3.2.1 Available for CSW2019
- 1.2 June 6, 2019 2019 Advisory Board Elections - Results
- 1.3 May 2, 2019 Collins 2019 to Take Effect on July 1, 2019
- 1.4 April 29, 2019 2019 Advisory Board Elections - Nominations open
- 1.5 March 3, 2019 Zyzzyva Release 3.2.0 Available for NWL2018
- 1.6 February 1, 2019 Ted Gest chairs Club/Director Committee
- 1.7 January 8, 2019 Sue Tremblay joins Club/Director Committee
- 1.8 January 8, 2019 John Bulten joins Dictionary Committee
- 1.9 January 7, 2019 OTCWL2018 PDFs posted to Member Services
- 1.10 January 3, 2019 OTCWL2018 implementation delayed
- 1.11 January 1, 2019 Joshua Sokol and Colin Viebrock acclaimed to Canadian Committee
- 2 Archived news
June 26, 2019 Zyzzyva Release 3.2.1 Available for CSW2019
NASPA Zyzzyva Release 3.2.1 is now available for the Windows and macOS platforms.
There were no contested seats after the nomination process so an election was not needed.
May 2, 2019 Collins 2019 to Take Effect on July 1, 2019
The NASPA Advisory Board decided that the Collins Official SCRABBLE Words 2019 will take effect for Collins play at sanctioned clubs and tournaments on July 1, 2019.
Elections for NASPA's Advisory Board (AB) are approaching. This year three elective seats need to be filled:
- US South
- US West
- At Large
Nominations are open from May 1 through May 31, 2019. To nominate yourself or someone else, contact NASPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 3, 2019 Zyzzyva Release 3.2.0 Available for NWL2018
NASPA Zyzzyva Release 3.2.0 is now available for the Windows and macOS platforms.
We thank Ted Gest for succeeding Alan Stern as chair of
the NASPA Club/Director Committee; and thank Alan for his past service.
We thank Sue Tremblay for joining the NASPA Club/Director Committee.
We thank John Bulten for joining the NASPA Dictionary Committee;
John had previously been a valued member of the NSA Dictionary Committee.
The new words found in the Official Tournament and Club Word List, 2018 Edition have been posted on NASPA Member Services as easily printable PDFs.
January 3, 2019 OTCWL2018 implementation delayed
The Advisory Board has determined that implementation of OTCWL2018 will be delayed from February 1, 2019 to March 1, 2019.
We thank Joshua Sokol for continuing on in his role at the NASPA Canadian Committee, and welcome first-time member Colin Viebrock, who replaces the outgoing Mad Palazzo.