This page lists some activities and attractions in Addison area, near the 2010 National SCRABBLE Championship venue.
|Studio Movie Grill.55 mi.
Hollywood’s latest movies with delicious dining to bring you the best viewing
experience possible. Check for movie times.
Movie Ticket avg $9 + meal avg $10
5405 Beltline Rd. Dallas, TX 75248
Studio Movie Grill
Video and game rentals
|Ernie's of North Dallas- Monday Night Karaoke (Adults) .2 mi
Monday evening of Karaoke from 5:30pm to 10:30pm and Happy Hour specials
from 2:30pm to 8:00pm
5100 Belt Line Rd., Ste 502, Dallas, TX, 75254
Ernie's of North Dallas
Theaters and Comedy Clubs
|Improv Comedy Club & Dinner Theatre 0.4 mi SW (8 min walk)
National performers regularly yuk it up at the area's best known laugh factory
as well as local comedy talent
4980 Beltline Road #250, Addison, TX 75254 USA
Improv Comedy Club
August 6-8 Michael Ian Black
August 13-16 Richard Lewis
|Watertower Theater .8 mi
"The Full Monty"
When the local mill experiences massive layoffs, six unemployed steelworkers
are out of luck, out of cash and out of shape. But will they have the nerve to
follow through with their plan and go The Full Monty? Boasting a toe-tapping
rock ‘n roll score, The Full Monty is a musical endowed with big laughs and heart
and a jaw-dropping finale that just might charm your pants off!
Matinees and evenings - Tickets $20-$40
|Beckert Park - Summer Salsa .9 mi
Spice up your nights with live salsa music.
Dance Lessons 7pm Concert 8pm on Saturdays
5044 Addison Circle, Addison, TX
|Hard Rock Cafe Summer Concert Series 12 mi.
Come Rock Out with your Favorite Local Dallas Bands all Summer long at
Hard Rock Cafe Dallas.
For more information, call 469-341-7825 to see who is playing.
Sunday 9 P.M.
$15 - $30
2211 N. Houston St, Dallas, TX 75219
Hard Rock Cafe
|American Idol Live 12.1 mi
The Top 10 finalists – Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Crystal
Bowersox, Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Lee DeWyze, Michael Lynche, Siobhan
Magnus, and Tim Urban – will hit the road this summer on the American Idols
LIVE! Tour 2010.
Monday, August 9, 7 p.m.
2500 Victory Ave., Dallas, TX, 75201
Tickets: Ticketmaster 800-745-3000
American Airlines Center
|House of Blues 12.4 mi.
Queensrÿche, Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar
August 6, 8, 11, 13; Check schedule.
8:30 P.M. Price varies
2200 N. Lamar St., Dallas, TX, 75202
House of Blues
Museums and exhibitions
- Valley House Gallery and Sculpture Garden 3 mi.
- There are good reasons Valley House Gallery and its serene 5-acre sculpture garden are in North Dallas, far removed from most of Dallas' visual art action.
- Mon - Sat 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- 6616 Spring Valley Road, Dallas, TX 75254
- 972 239 2441
- Valley House Gallery and Sculpture Garden
- Dallas Museum of Art 12.2 mi.
- The Dallas Museum of Art recently celebrated one hundred years of connecting art and people. Established in 1903, the Museum features an outstanding collection of more than 23,000 works of art from around the world, from ancient to modern times.
- Tue-Wed 11 A.M. 5 P.M.; Thu 11 A.M. 9 P.M.; Fri-Sun 11 A.M. 5 P.M.
- $5 - $10
- 1717 N. Harwood, Dallas, TX, 75201
- Dallas Museum of Art
- The Sixth Floor Museum 12.7 mi.
- Located in the former Texas School Book Depository, now the Dallas County Administration building, the Sixth Floor is Dallas' "official" John F. Kennedy museum. You can look down upon the actual route the motorcade was taking when Lee Harvey Oswald fired upon the motorcade from the window on the 6th floor. The nonprofit, self-supporting facility is dedicated to "the life, times, death and legacy of JFK" — not just the assassination.
- $4 - $14
- Tue-Sun 10 A.M. - 6 P.M. Mon 12 Noon - 6 P.M. Mon
- 411 Elm St., Dallas, TX, 75202
- Sixth Floor Museum
Educational / family-oriented
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Building and Museum 2 mi.
- The Mary Kay Museum is located on the lobby floor of the Mary Kay corporate headquarters building. The museum displays artifacts from the history of the cosmetics company including the original product line from 1963, Mary Kay Career Apparel from four decades, a collection of evening gowns worn by founder
- Self-guided tours: Mon-Fri 9 A.M. - 4 P.M. Guided tours (reservation s required): Mon-Fri 10 A.M. and 2 P.M.
- Mary Kay Museum
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum 2.1 mi.
- The Cavanaugh Flight Museum is a 50,000-square-foot facility at the Addison Airport that houses a private collection of fully restored military aircraft from World War I to the Vietnam era, most of which are still flown regularly.
- Mon-Sat 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. Sun 11 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- 4572 Claire Chennault, Addison, TX, 75001
- 972 380 8800
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum
- Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Presents ZING ZANG ZOOM 12.1 mi
- Through the mystery of magic and the mastery of skill, audiences will be spellbound as Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents ZING ZANG ZOOM, a thrill-filled, mind-blowing circus spectacular where family fun is no illusion offering hours of exciting family entertainment
- $15 - $75
- July 28 - August 8
- 2500 Victory Ave., Dallas, TX, 75201
- 800 745 3000
- Check schedule
- Ringling Brothers
- Bodies the Exhibition @ West End Market Place 12.6 mi.
- Learn more about the human body at this show featuring real human specimens, including whole bodies and individual organs. Produced by Premier Exhibitions Inc., the exhibit surveys the muscular, skeletal, reproductive, respiratory, circulatory and other systems of the human body. The specimens on display have undergone a preservation process that makes them dry and helps prevent decomposition.
- Sun - Thurs 10 A.M.7 P.M.; Fri - Sat 10 A.M. 10 P.M.
- $16 - $25
- 603 Munger St., Dallas, TX, 75202
- Bodies the Exhibition
- Museum of Nature and Science - Planetarium Programs and Exhibits 17.9 mi.
- Universe, Wonders of the Universe, Texas Night Sky,Secrets of the Sun and Cosmic Safari
- Mon - Sat 10 A.M. - 6 P.M.; Sun 12P.M. to 6 P.M.; check showtimes
- $6 - $16
- 3535 E Grand Ave, Dallas, Texas
- 214 428 5555
- Museum of Nature and Science
- 300 Dallas Bowling Alley 1.8 mi
- This entertainment complex includes a bowling alley ($4 to $6.50, plus $4.50 shoe rental), a billiard room, a full bar, lane-side food service (more than just snack bar options), video screens and the Club 300 VIP lounge, which includes private, sectioned-off bowling lanes; a private billiard room; meeting space and its own private event planner.
- Mon-Thur 3 P.M. - 12 A.M. Fri-Sat 11 A.M. - 2 A.M. Sun 11 A.M. - 12 A.M.
- $10 and up
- 3805 Belt Line Rd., Addison, TX, 75001
- 300 Dallas Bowling Alley
Spectator sport events
- Four Seasons Market at Addison 0.4 mi
- European style market where ranchers, farmers, specialty food producers and artisanal craftsmen present their goods.
- 10 A.M. - 3 P.M.
- 5100 Belt Line Road, suite 840, Dallas, TX, 75254
- Four Seasons Market
- Dallas Arboretum 16.7 mi.
- Imagine a garden without weeds, where all the plants are lush and in bloom, with endless sunny spots for picnicking, and you'll have the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
- 9 A.M.- 5 P.M.
- Parking: $7; Admission:$7-$10
- 8525 Garland Rd., Dallas, TX, 75218
- 214 515 6500
- Dallas Arboretum