This page lists some activities and attractions in Addison area, near the 2010 National SCRABBLE Championship venue.
Video and game rentals
- Ernie's of North Dallas - Monday Night Karaoke (Adults) .2 mi
- Come and join us for a fun Monday evening of Karaoke from 5:30 P.M. until 10:30 P.M. and sometimes even later. Happy Hour specials from 2:30 P.M. until 8:00 P.M.
- 5100 Belt Line Rd., Ste 502, Dallas, TX, 75254
- miles from Intercontinental
- Ernie's of North Dallas
Theaters and comedy clubs
- Improv Comedy Club & Dinner Theatre
- National performers regularly yuk it up at the area's best-known laugh factory -- Cedric the Entertainer, Wanda Sykes, Richard Lewis, Paula Poundstone and many more have made appearances -- but plenty of local and lesser-known names hit the stage, too.
- 0.4 mi SW (8 min walk)
- August 6-8 Michael Ian Black
- August 13-16 Richard Lewis
- 4980 Beltline Road #250, Addison, TX 75254 USA
- (972) 404-8501
- Improv Comedy Club
- "The Full Monty" at Watertower Theater .8 mi
- When the local mill experiences massive layoffs, six unemployed steelworkers are out of luck, out of cash and out of shape. But will they have the nerve to follow through with their plan and go The Full Monty? Boasting a toe-tapping rock ‘n roll score, The Full Monty is a musical endowed with big laughs, big heart and a jaw-dropping finale that just might charm your pants off!
- Matinees and evenings - Tickets $20-$40
- Watertower Theater
- Beckert Park - Summer Salsa .9 mi
- Spice up your nights with live salsa music.
- Dance Lessons 7 P.M. Concert 8 P.M. on Saturdays
- 5044 Addison Circle, Addison, TX
- Summer Salsa
- Hard Rock Cafe Summer Concert Series 12 mi.
- Come Rock Out with your Favorite Local Dallas Bands all Summer long at Hard Rock Cafe Dallas. For more information, call 469 341 ROCK to see who is playing.
- Sunday 9 P.M.
- $15 - $30
- 2211 N. Houston St, Dallas, TX 75219
- Hard Rock Cafe
- American Idol Live 12.1 mi
- The Top 10 finalists – Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Crystal Bowersox, Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Lee DeWyze, Michael Lynche, Siobhan Magnus, and Tim Urban – will hit the road this summer on the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2010.
- Monday, August 9, 7 p.m.
- 2500 Victory Ave., Dallas, TX, 75201
- Tickets: Ticketmaster 800 745 3000
- American Airlines Center
Museums and exhibitions
- Valley House Gallery and Sculpture Garden 3 mi.
- There are good reasons Valley House Gallery and its serene 5-acre sculpture garden are in North Dallas, far removed from most of Dallas' visual art action.
- Mon - Sat 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- 6616 Spring Valley Road, Dallas, TX 75254
- 972 239 2441
- Valley House Gallery and Sculpture Garden
Educational / family-oriented
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Building and Museum 2 mi.
- The Mary Kay Museum is located on the lobby floor of the Mary Kay corporate headquarters building. The museum displays artifacts from the history of the cosmetics company including the original product line from 1963, Mary Kay Career Apparel from four decades, a collection of evening gowns worn by founder
- Self-guided tours: Mon-Fri 9 A.M. - 4 P.M. Guided tours (reservation s required): Mon-Fri 10 A.M. and 2 P.M.
- Mary Kay Museum
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum 2.1 mi.
- The Cavanaugh Flight Museum is a 50,000-square-foot facility at the Addison Airport that houses a private collection of fully restored military aircraft from World War I to the Vietnam era, most of which are still flown regularly.
- Mon-Sat 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. Sun 11 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- 4572 Claire Chennault, Addison, TX, 75001
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum
- Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Presents ZING ZANG ZOOM 12.1 mi
- Through the mystery of magic and the mastery of skill, audiences will be spellbound as Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents ZING ZANG ZOOM, a thrill-filled, mind-blowing circus spectacular where family fun is no illusion offering hours of exciting family entertainment
- $15 - $75
- July 28 - August 8
- 2500 Victory Ave., Dallas, TX, 75201
- Check schedule
- Ringling Brothers
- July 28 -
- 300 Dallas Bowling Alley 1.8 mi
- This entertainment complex includes a bowling alley ($4 to $6.50, plus $4.50 shoe rental), a billiard room, a full bar, lane-side food service (more than just snack bar options), video screens and the Club 300 VIP lounge, which includes private, sectioned-off bowling lanes; a private billiard room; meeting space and its own private event planner.
- Mon-Thur 3 P.M. - 12 A.M. Fri-Sat 11 A.M. - 2 A.M. Sun 11 A.M. - 12 A.M.
- $10 and up
- 3805 Belt Line Rd., Addison, TX, 75001
- 300 Dallas Bowling Alley
Spectator sport events
- Four Seasons Market at Addison 0.4 mi
- European style market where ranchers, farmers, specialty food producers and artisanal craftsmen present their goods.
- 10 A.M. - 3 P.M.
- 5100 Belt Line Road, suite 840, Dallas, TX, 75254
- Four Seasons Market