Every participant in the 2016 North American SCRABBLE Championship (the “NASC”) is required to agree to the following terms and conditions, either by clicking on the appropriate button when registering online, or by signing a printed copy of this document at event check-in on August 5, 2016.
- I agree to participate in all games to which I am assigned during the NASC. If I am a prizewinner in the NASC, I further agree to make myself reasonably available for any media interviews or promotional activity conducted for a period of not less than two days thereafter.
- I agree to abide by the editions of NASPA’s Official Tournament Rules and Code of Conduct in effect during the NASC.
- I hereby release and forever discharge, and will, for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hold harmless the North American Word Game Players Association, dba the North American SCRABBLE Players Association (“NASPA”), Hasbro, Inc. (“Hasbro”), their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, and all other persons, firms, corporations or other entities, known or unknown, liable or who might be claimed liable, from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action, losses, injuries, and/or costs of expenses, of whatsoever nature, resulting from or relating to the NASC and my participation in the NASC, including, without limitation, travel to and from the NASC, prizes, time spent at the NASC and any activities and entertainment associated with the NASC or any free time personal activities. IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THAT this is a full and final release of all claims of every nature and kind whatsoever relating to the NASC and my participation in the NASC, and releases claims that are known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected.
- I hereby consent to the use of my name, image (including without limitation, pictures, video images and other reproductions), voice and identity (including, without limitation, my age, occupation and/or address) in any promotional activity of NASPA and/or Hasbro, and any related or affiliated companies, at the sole discretion of NASPA and/or Hasbro, and agree that I am not entitled to any royalty, commission or other compensation in connection therewith.
- NASPA may, in its sole and absolute discretion, substitute other prizes having the same or greater retail value for any non-monetary prizes offered. I agree to accept any prizes or substitute prizes as are awarded to me, and I agree that the decision of NASPA regarding such prizes or substitute prizes and the retail value of same, shall be final and binding on all parties.