The 2010 NSC Town Hall Meeting
place on Monday, August 9, 2010
from 8:30–10:30 P.M.
Although we welcome inquiries
throughout the year, this is a good opportunity
to talk about NASPA in a public forum.
Representatives from several of NASPA's committees
will be on hand to answer your questions. Booked so
far are the following:
As stated, our time is limited and we want to ensure that
everyone is heard from, please note that we will have a maximum three-minute microphone time. If you have a complicated question to ask, please come prepared to phrase it as concisely as you can.
Minutes for the Town Hall Meeting will be posted here
after the event. In the meantime, here are opening remarks
from the committee representatives involved.
Mary Rhoades, Chair, Club/Director Committee
Our committee has:
- Received fees for sanctioning two clubs in Hawaii but have not certified the clubs yet since they don't have certified directors.
- Administered 27 director tests to new directors and assigned mentors.
- Retested two who failed the first time and they passed the second time.
- Fully certified 7 directors whose mentors approved their readiness.
- Administered 3 director tests to already-certified directors for purposes of critiquing the test
- Certified 15 new or formerly NSA clubs.
- Counseled numerous club directors wanting advice or regarding conflicts.
- Committee investigated incident report between player and club director and upheld club director. Although player kept complaining, when I told him he could take it to the AB, he stopped.
- has been evaluating SSL and game clock phone apps; our preliminary conclusion is that it's too hard to guarantee that a particular SSL app is correctly configured to authorize their official use by players, and that the clock apps they've looked at so far interact poorly with use of a device as a phone
- would welcome volunteer testers for such apps