Web Committee procedures are used by the members of Web Committee to perform routine tasks.
This is a living document; the contents are updated as procedures are refined and developed.
Committee roster updates
When any NASPA committees invite new members or members retire or change roles, Web Committee updates the committee roster as follows:
- Verification: all changes in committees, committee leadreship and committee memberships are authorized by Executive Committee. Changes in committee membership or members’ roles may also be authorized by the any of the chairpersons of the committee.
- Mailing list update: our mailing list administators (Ryan Fischer or John Chew shall update the mailing lists as appropriate.
- Committee page update: list new members in the Current members section and retiring members in the Former members section (create these sections when needed). Include a link to the member’s contact page, the member’s role (if applicable) and start/end dates of service (if the exact date is unknown, enter at least the month and the year). The committee page may already have been updated by the committee, but Web Committee should check formatting and links.
- Contact page update: create the contact page if necessary, update the list of current and former duties of the member, update the contact information as needed (do not publish private contact information without permission) and update the categories of the member. New committee members should be added to the committee members category. Retiring members should be added in the former committee members category. Members can belong to both categories when they have retired from one committee but are still members of another committee.
Contact page updates
Our web site has a personal contact page for each current and former committee member, person with specific duties (spokespersons, NSC division leaders, office staff etc.), person of the year, and national champion.
- Create the contact page when the person is added to the applicable roster (such as committee members). List the person’s roles on the contact page. Link the pages both ways (person to role and role to person).
- Contact the player to determine what contact information (phone and/or email) should be listed on the page. Do not list any private contact information without the person’s permission. (You may list public information, such as the person's name and official roles and the place of residence as listed on the public member search page.)
- Categories: add category tags in this order as appropriate:
- Person of the Year
- Committee members
- Former committee members
- Tournament Directors
Follow these steps to create a new NASPAWiki login for a person that will be editing web content.
- Create the user (need to add instructions here).
- Assign privileges and groups (need to add instructions here).
- Create a contact page for the user.
- Create a Wiki user page for the persion and redirect it to the contact page. This allows every entry in Wiki page edit history to be linked to the actual person who performed the edit.