As of April 2017, the International Committee is negotiating the following agreement with the HKSPA.
Draft Agreement Text
NASPA agrees to:
- Publish this agreement on its webpage at http://www.scrabbleplayers.org/w/HKSPA_Agreement and to advertise it to its members.
- Grant complimentary NASPA membership to TTSA members resident in Trinidad and Tobago and other Caribbean countries affiliated to the TTSA who are registered to play in NASPA-sanctioned tournaments, thereby exempting them from the normal requirement of paying for association membership to participate in official events.
- Grant access to TTSA officials to NASPA's membership database query tool so that they may verify membership status of NASPA members intending to play in TTSA events, and provide timely technical support for this service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TTSA agrees to:
- Publish this agreement on its website at (TBA) and to advertise it to its members.
- Grant free entrance to its monthly open tournaments to verified NASPA members to the value of the NASPA membership fee.
- Provide contact information to verify membership status of HKSPA members intending to play in NASPA events.
- Grant Associate membership status to NASPA members who are desirous of collaborating with the TTSA towards the furtherance of Scrabble in the Caribbean.
This agreement will take effect when it is ratified by the NASPA Executive Committee, and may be backdated by mutual agreement of both parties.