In (month to follow) 2015, the International Committee negotiated the following agreement with NZASP.
Whereas NASPA and NZASP wish to promote international travel and exchanges between their members, the two associations hereby agree to the following terms.
- A player who is a member in good standing of NASPA residing in the United States or Canada does not need to pay for a NZASP membership in order to compete in a NZASP tournament.
- A player who is a member in good standing of NZASP residing in New Zealand does not need to pay for a NASPA membership in order to compete in a NASPA tournament.
NASPA Tournament Directors wishing to verify a NZASP member’s status should contact the NZASP Secretary listed at the NZASP website.
NZASP Tournament Directors wishing to verify a NASPA member’s status may either use the membership resources available at this website, or email email@example.com.
NASPA Tournament Directors who intend to submit rating data for tournaments including NZASP members qualifying under the terms of this agreement should:
- Use the regular membership tools to enter an NZASP member’s contact information into the membership system and charge a membership (or renewal) to their NASPA account.
- Contact John Chew to have the fee for that membership waived under the terms of this agreement.
- Submit their tournament rating data normally.